How to change GoogleMap style? RRS feed

• Question

• User148367 posted

I'm trying to customize my GoogleMap Fragment so it would go with my app's theme. I've read about changing MapOption's style property but I could not find it in Xamarin Google Play Services component. Is it even possible to change Google Maps style on Xamarin?

Thanks in advance.

Friday, October 2, 2015 1:10 PM

Answers

• User209 posted

Yes. When you have your GoogleMap instance you can do:

map.MapType = GoogleMap.MapTypeHybrid;

or one of the other enumerations.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, October 2, 2015 1:21 PM

All replies

• User209 posted

Yes. When you have your GoogleMap instance you can do:

map.MapType = GoogleMap.MapTypeHybrid;

or one of the other enumerations.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, October 2, 2015 1:21 PM
  • User148367 posted

Hi Tomasz. I meant actually customizing the appearance of the whole map via a json object wherein I could change the colors and visibility of the elements of the map. I've seen it done through java but I can't seem to figure out how to do it in Xamarin. Sorry for the confusion

Friday, October 2, 2015 1:27 PM
  • User209 posted

Do you have an example of that in Java?

Friday, October 2, 2015 1:52 PM
  • User142042 posted

@CharlesFredericAtienza said: Hi Tomasz. I meant actually customizing the appearance of the whole map via a json object wherein I could change the colors and visibility of the elements of the map. I've seen it done through java but I can't seem to figure out how to do it in Xamarin. Sorry for the confusion

This seems to be possible only with web version of the map. There is a feature request for supporting this in Android ( https://code.google.com/p/gmaps-api-issues/issues/detail?id=5463)

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 1:49 PM