Port data directly from IoT Central App to IoT Hub? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I would like to send data directly from an IoT Central App to an IoT Hub without having to setup a Service Bus Queue or Logic App. The current "export data" feature on IoT Central has an option to export to an event hub, but when I try to input the connection string for my IoT Hub it says that it is formatted incorrectly (I suspect this is because it is an IoT Hub not an event hub). Is there any way to get around this?

Thanks.

Thursday, April 30, 2020 1:55 AM

All replies

• Hi aniki454,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please share more information on your use case scenario to better understand your issue.

Thanks & Regards ^Satish Boddu -MSFT Azure CXP Community

Thursday, April 30, 2020 10:51 PM
  • Hi,

The internal Event Hub built-in the Azure IoT Hub can be directly accessed only for consuming data, so  there is no direct way to ingest data to the built-in Event Hub.

There is no workaround for your stream pipeline direct integration.

You have to use the current "export data" on the IoTC to export an event to the Event Hub and then integrator (for instance azure function) to ingest exported event to the Azure IoT Hub.

Note, that the IoTC doesn't have a feature for posting a device raw telemetry data to webhook endpoint, however you can use a rule action for forwarding a telemetry data for your needs instead of the "export data" option.

The following screen snippet shows an example of the rule, where selected telemetry data are published to the webhook endpoint:

and the following screen snippet shows a payload forwarded to the webhook:

Now, the webhook (for example: HttpTrigger function) can handled an ingestion of the device telemetry data using the REST API to the Azure IoT Hub.

Thanks

Roman

Friday, May 1, 2020 7:07 AM
  • Hello aniki454,

Just checking back. Did you get a chance to review above response from Roman? Please let us know how can we assist you further. Please do 'Mark as answer' if you find the response helpful which will help community members.

Thanks & Regards ^Satish Boddu -MSFT Azure CXP Community

Tuesday, May 5, 2020 5:33 PM