locked
Impossible to select DLL when creating a new proect RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    when I create a new project, I choose new Win32 Console application and in the following dialog I cannot choose DLL. It's gray. How can I solve this problem?

    THanks

    Saturday, November 20, 2010 9:32 PM

Answers

  • I am going to assume this is related to creating an extension and therefore is pertinent to this forum.

    For creating an extension I create an empty project and add a module to it. I add Sub Main to the module and set the project as a console app with start up sub main. I also add the Small Basic reference and put the extension class in the same file as the module. That way I can code the extension and use the module code as a test harness to debug the extension. When I am done I just flip the app type to class library, build and deploy to lib. One could also use conditional compilation or something to strip the module code I suppose.

    Also, I am not sure if it is just me, but I have to change the build configurations from x86 to AnyCPU to get the extension to be loaded at all.

    And of course the extension classes need ''' comments and the compile needs to be set to generate XML documentation and you need to deploy the XML along with the DLL.

     It also helps to set the SmallBasic reference to CopyLocal = False, in case you are building a release straight to lib ;)

     


    Can I bum a sig
    Sunday, November 21, 2010 8:52 PM

All replies

  • I am going to assume this is related to creating an extension and therefore is pertinent to this forum.

    For creating an extension I create an empty project and add a module to it. I add Sub Main to the module and set the project as a console app with start up sub main. I also add the Small Basic reference and put the extension class in the same file as the module. That way I can code the extension and use the module code as a test harness to debug the extension. When I am done I just flip the app type to class library, build and deploy to lib. One could also use conditional compilation or something to strip the module code I suppose.

    Also, I am not sure if it is just me, but I have to change the build configurations from x86 to AnyCPU to get the extension to be loaded at all.

    And of course the extension classes need ''' comments and the compile needs to be set to generate XML documentation and you need to deploy the XML along with the DLL.

     It also helps to set the SmallBasic reference to CopyLocal = False, in case you are building a release straight to lib ;)

     


    Can I bum a sig
    Sunday, November 21, 2010 8:52 PM