How to apply a VisualTransition programatically RRS feed

• Question

• I have a need to dynamically apply a single  VisualState by changing the TargetName of the Storyboard at runtime.

So I moved the Storyboard as a resource with a key name.

<Storyboard x:Key="ShowScreen_Storyboard">
    			<DoubleAnimation Duration="0" To="1" Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.Opacity)"/>
    		</Storyboard>
    	</Window.Resources>

Within my Visual State I refer to the story board.

<VisualStateManager.VisualStateGroups>
    	<VisualStateGroup x:Name="VisualStateGroup">
    		<VisualStateGroup.Transitions>
    			<VisualTransition GeneratedDuration="0:0:02" To="ShowScreen">
    				<ei:ExtendedVisualStateManager.TransitionEffect>
    					<ee:SlideInTransitionEffect/>
    				</ei:ExtendedVisualStateManager.TransitionEffect>
    			</VisualTransition>
    		</VisualStateGroup.Transitions>
    		<VisualState x:Name="ShowScreen" Storyboard="{StaticResource ShowScreen_Storyboard}"/>
    	</VisualStateGroup>

So within the code behind I can set the Storyboard TargetName with a passed string.  And I can execute the state.  But the visualtransition doesn't get applied?

Dim sb as Storyboard = DirectCast(Resources("ShowScreen_Storyboard"),Storyboard) sb.SetValue(Storyboard.TargetNameProperty,ScreenName) sb.Begin(LayoutRoot)

How would I execute the defined Transition for the Storyboard of the State within code?

Jeff Davis

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 5:49 PM

Answers

• I gave up on figuring this out.

I got rid of the VisualStateGroups altogether  and just created my own slidin transition withing the Storyboard defined in the Resource

<Storyboard x:Key="ShowScreen_Storyboard"> <DoubleAnimation Duration="0" To="1" Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.Opacity)"/>

<ThicknessAnimation Duration="0:0:1" Storyboard.TargetProperty="Margin" From="-1400,0,0,0" To="0,0,0,0" AccelerationRatio=".5"/> </Storyboard> </Window.Resources>

Jeff Davis

• Marked as answer by JeffD503 Wednesday, July 31, 2013 7:27 PM
    Wednesday, July 31, 2013 7:27 PM