none
Overriding GS06 on Batched EDI files RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to update the GS06 on a batch of 820s.  

I have an orchestration that does the processing to create the 820's.  A send port on the orchestration with an EdiSend pipeline which is selected in the Party configuration.  I have a EDI batch setup on the party that is working fine. When the EDI batch releases I have a orchestration that subscribes to the batched message and once the message is received override the GS06 value.  Since the message type coming out of the batch is X12InterchangeXml and is not promoted, my orchestration is not receiving the file.

Any help on how to EDIOverride batched messages would be greatly appreciated.

Using BizTalk 2010

Thanks

Tom

Friday, June 20, 2014 2:18 AM

Answers

• The GS overrides in EDIOverride don't work on a Batch message because GS can loop.

You would have set all GS06 elements manually to your desired value.

• Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Thursday, June 26, 2014 9:50 AM
    Friday, June 20, 2014 1:40 PM

All replies

• Your X12 batch will exit the batching orchestration wtih following properties promoted

EDI.DestinationPartyName= the party name where you configured the batch
    EDI.BatchEncodingType = X12
    EDI.ToBeBatched = false

The trick for you will be to filter on these properties to get your batch inside your orchestration. And then use the EDIOverride setting to override the segments you want.

Glenn Colpaert - MCTS BizTalk Server - Blog : http://blog.codit.eu

Friday, June 20, 2014 7:43 AM
  • The GS overrides in EDIOverride don't work on a Batch message because GS can loop.

You would have set all GS06 elements manually to your desired value.

• Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Thursday, June 26, 2014 9:50 AM
    Friday, June 20, 2014 1:40 PM