Connect Eddie and Kinect for xbox360 with Robotics developer studio RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I am a new one. These days in my project in the school .i meet some trouble when I connect Kinect for Xbox and Eddie with my laptop. I have installed the visual studio 2010 professional and then the Kinect SDK 1.6v.at last I installed the Robotics Developer studio 4.then I down   ParallaxServiceRDS4InstallGuide-v1.1 and Parallax Service for RDS4 .When I finish all the stuff. I lance the DSS Command Prompt. I enter Eddie. They just return le problem as follow:

**Error creating service.
    Service contract identifier in manifest or create request does not match contract.identifer .
    Service references a different version of runtime assemblies
    And when I enter: kinectUI they return the same problem.

I don’t know what the wrong is. I just follow le instruction .is there anything I missed?
    P.S. I have lance "BUILDALLSAMPLES" but they just return 56warning and 17 errors.
    I don’t know where I am wrong when I install RDS 4.0.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:15 AM

Answers

• i have found the problem.its because the vision of the kinect sdk need 1.0v.when i re install the old vision.it works.
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:35 PM

All replies

• i have found the problem.its because the vision of the kinect sdk need 1.0v.when i re install the old vision.it works.
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:35 PM
  • There are a couple of problems with upgrading the Kinect SDK.  

If you are upgrading to 1.5.2 then the "build all samples" works, but it compiles the (User) version of the services, and the eddie.cmd file starts the non-(User) manifests.  

If you upgrade to 1.6, then the "build all samples" fails.  This is because the compiler is defaulting to treat warnings as errors and the Kinect source code uses a deprecated method to map between color/depth/skeleton spaces.  You could turn off the warnings as errors, or better yet change the code to use the new CoordinateMapper methods.  

I have a more detailed explanation of this on my blog:

http://roboticsathome.wordpress.com/upgrading-the-kinect-sdk-in-microsoft-robotics-studio-4/

Todd 

• Proposed as answer by tlc000Moderator Wednesday, November 7, 2012 6:16 PM
    Wednesday, November 7, 2012 6:15 PM