Problem with dssnewservice command RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi!
    I´m new in this Faq so if I am doing something wrong, please apologize.

I am having a problem when a run the command dssnewservice in the DSS Command Prompt. When enter the command it create all the files except for .sln file. Could someone help me? What Can I do to fix it?

Thanks
    Guillas
    Friday, August 22, 2008 1:26 PM

All replies

• What version of MSRS are you using?

If you are using the July CTP with VS 2008 it would be easier to use the File->New->Project dialog and select the Microsoft Robotics Project Type, and the DSS Service 2.0 template from within Visual Studio.

Bryan

Friday, August 22, 2008 2:16 PM
  • Thank you Bryan,
    i´ll try it this way. If need some more help i´ll post here. Thanks.

Guillas
    Friday, August 22, 2008 2:27 PM
  • Hi there again!

I am having a problem when a run the command dssnewservice in the DSS Command Prompt. When enter the command it create all the files except for .sln file. Could someone help me? What Can I do to fix it?

About the same problem, how can resolve it trying to create a service in c++?

Thanks
    Guillas
    Friday, August 22, 2008 3:23 PM
  • I got the same problem...

For what I saw, there are a couple things we can separate from each other;
    The programming language used to build a Service (including all of Visual Studio), and tools that (when working) helps you automatize this proccess (with limited number of compatible languages, mostly VB and C#). I tried running DssNewService aswell and got no .sln file too... Did you managed to solve this problem Guillas?
    If so, tell us what you did.
    Im considering making it in CPP because of ours developers knowledge on it.
    Any help would be welcome here.
    Thanks

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 2:04 PM
  • You actually don't need a .sln file to get started. What you can do is open Visual Studio and then use File \ Open \ Project/Solution. If you make some changes and then you save the project, it should ask if you want a Solution file as well.

Also, please be aware that we are moving to VS2008 in the 2.0 release. If you are still using VS2005 you should upgrade.

Trevor

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 5:18 PM