Crystal Report Viewer displays strange pattern instead of report image RRS feed

• Question

• User1191918169 posted

I have a Crystal Report on a .aspx page (running inside Visual Studio 2012) that uses a CrystalReportViewer and a CrystalReportSource that displays a very strange pattern on the screen instead of the report data when displaying in IE10.

(1) If I right-click and "Display Source..." the web page contents are present;

(2) If I export the report to a .pdf format, the report is displayed in .pdf format just fine;

(3) The Group Tree is present and properly filled in and can be used and the page selection mechansims work just fine as well -- it just never displays any report data (unless, as I said above, I export the file to any format).

(4) I cannot print from the Crystal Report window, but I can print from any exported format.

If I test the report/page under Safari, Firefox, or Chrome it displays just fine.  This is obviously some kind of incompatibility with IE10, but does anyone know of a way to eliminate the problem?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Lynnscreen capture

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 12:11 AM

All replies

• User-2131040382 posted

I'm facing EXACTLY the same issue! The weird thing is that few days ago this worked fine but I guess an update caused it cause I haven't changed a thing! Also it's not an issue with the report cause I've made a dummy report and this also gave me the same output.

If you resolved it please share the solution!

Saturday, February 9, 2013 3:09 AM
  • User-70443123 posted
    Try this code
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9,chrome=1" />   

Saturday, October 5, 2013 4:08 AM