none
Can not create anymore a hdinsight cluster RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

as of today (9 february 2016) I can not create anymore a hdinsight cluster, I tried to create it via de azure portal site and via powershell, yesterday everything worked without a problem. If you create it via de (new) azure portalsite you can fill in all the data but after submitting it will fail with the error 'BadRequest: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: C. Path '[1]', line 1, position 229'. I then tried to create it via the 'New-AzureRmHDInsightCluster' powershell command and got the same message.

Can anyone help me with this

Thanks a lot in advance

Marc Mertens

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 10:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Azure is having Service Interruption event with HDinsight service. It has been mitigated now. Please check if issue persists.

Below is the details of SIE:

HDInsight - Multiple Regions - Advisory

SUMMARY OF IMPACT: Between 07:00 and 16:20 on 09 Feb, 2016 UTC customers using HDInsight in multiple regions may have experienced issues creating HDInsight Windows clusters. Existing clusters were unaffected. Linux cluster creation was also unaffected. PRELIMINARY ROOT CAUSE A recent update had resulted in a configuration issue which was impacting Windows clusters creation for HDInsight. MITIGATION: The configuration change was reverted and mitigation was validated once the change propagated. NEXT STEPS: Engineers will continue to investigate the underlying root cause of this issue and develop a solution to prevent reoccurrences.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/status/#history

Regards,

Manu

• Marked as answer by HappyLisper Wednesday, February 10, 2016 3:43 PM
    Tuesday, February 9, 2016 5:52 PM

All replies

• Hey Marc, 

we are also  getting same error while creating HDinsight cluster since morning . let us know in case you find any reason for this. 

Thanks,

Prashant 

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 11:37 AM
  • Marc, 

I'm also receiving the same error. Both via Powershell and the Portal.

Worked fine last night (8th Feb 2016) but not today. 

The Azure Service Status shows no errors, but I haven't been able to create one since 8.30am today.

Regards, 

Mark

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 12:02 PM
  • Yes. I am also facing the same issue.
    Tuesday, February 9, 2016 2:27 PM
  • Hi,

Azure is having Service Interruption event with HDinsight service. It has been mitigated now. Please check if issue persists.

Below is the details of SIE:

HDInsight - Multiple Regions - Advisory

SUMMARY OF IMPACT: Between 07:00 and 16:20 on 09 Feb, 2016 UTC customers using HDInsight in multiple regions may have experienced issues creating HDInsight Windows clusters. Existing clusters were unaffected. Linux cluster creation was also unaffected. PRELIMINARY ROOT CAUSE A recent update had resulted in a configuration issue which was impacting Windows clusters creation for HDInsight. MITIGATION: The configuration change was reverted and mitigation was validated once the change propagated. NEXT STEPS: Engineers will continue to investigate the underlying root cause of this issue and develop a solution to prevent reoccurrences.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/status/#history

Regards,

Manu

• Marked as answer by HappyLisper Wednesday, February 10, 2016 3:43 PM
    Tuesday, February 9, 2016 5:52 PM
  • I'm pleased to say that the issue is resolved for me, I can create back HDInsight clusters
    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 8:45 AM