Windows 8 App XAML C# and SharePoint Image that required NTLM/Basic Authentication RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have two problem that are related each other, Can some body help me, please?

1st: I'm writing an application that should accede to SharePoint and shown images stored on a Picture Library. SharePoint is configure to allow NTLM/Basic authentication.

I wrote a REST service that retrieve the image urls by passing the networkcredetial, when I bind the urls the GridView I see the shape of the images but the images are not rendered, I beleve because the credential are not cached globaly, and the control are not able to begin the stream.

2nd: I did a test by using WebView and I have navigate to SharePoint, the CredentialPicker appear againg and after that I signed-in the image magically appeare.

There is a way for storing the credetial globally and so that the image are always appera by using my custom login user control and also the WebView doesn't ask again the credentials.

Thank to all you,

Enzo

Thursday, October 3, 2013 10:09 AM

All replies

• Hello,

For your first question, where is your REST service running? Does your app talk to the REST service or directly to SharePoint? When trying to access the images this way, are you getting any credential prompts?

For the credential storing question, have you looked at the Credential Locker/ Credential Picker samples? You may be able to use the credential saving functionality that way.

Thanks,

Prashant.

Windows Store Developer Solutions #WSDevSol || Want more solutions? See our blog, http://aka.ms/t4vuvz

Friday, October 4, 2013 12:21 AM