application download did not succeed in pc client and application works very well in server RRS feed

• Question

• application download did not succeed in pc client and application works very well in server

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
    Windows : 6.1.7600.0 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.269
    System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    clr.dll : 4.0.30319.269 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
    dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    dfshim.dll : 4.0.31106.0 (Main.031106-0000)

SOURCES
    Deployment url : file:///G:/WindowsApplication1.application
    Deployment Provider url : http://sba-telagh/WindowsApplication1/WindowsApplication1.application

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Activation of G:\WindowsApplication1.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
    + Downloading http://sba-telagh/WindowsApplication1/WindowsApplication1.application did not succeed.
    + The remote name could not be resolved: 'sba-telagh'

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [28/05/2012 21:14:07] : Activation of G:\WindowsApplication1.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [28/05/2012 21:14:10] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
    - Downloading http://sba-telagh/WindowsApplication1/WindowsApplication1.application did not succeed.
    - Source: System.Deployment
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
    at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
    at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirect(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.FollowDeploymentProviderUri(SubscriptionStore subStore, AssemblyManifest& deployment, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
    --- Inner Exception ---
    System.Net.WebException
    - The remote name could not be resolved: 'sba-telagh'
    - Source: System
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    No transaction information is available.

application prints data of table  (in server work good)

in clients no 

thenks

Monday, May 28, 2012 8:16 PM

Answers

• Hello sir,

Based on your error message, it is a problem about the ClickOnce issue for .net framework instead of Reporting service. The proper forum of this kind of issue is ClickOnce and Setup & Deployment Projects (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/is/winformssetup/threads).

Based on my experience on this issue, the possible cause is that the server, sba-telagh, is not recognized on the client. The possible cause is that the client is in a network, which cannot access the server, sba-telagh. However, on the server side, it can be accessed. My suggestion is that you can expose the server to the client to access, or modify the publish link to an accessible server and try it again.

I hope my suggestion is helpful to you.

Regards,

Edward

Edward Zhu

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:33 AM

All replies

• Hello sir,

Based on your error message, it is a problem about the ClickOnce issue for .net framework instead of Reporting service. The proper forum of this kind of issue is ClickOnce and Setup & Deployment Projects (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/is/winformssetup/threads).

Based on my experience on this issue, the possible cause is that the server, sba-telagh, is not recognized on the client. The possible cause is that the client is in a network, which cannot access the server, sba-telagh. However, on the server side, it can be accessed. My suggestion is that you can expose the server to the client to access, or modify the publish link to an accessible server and try it again.

I hope my suggestion is helpful to you.

Regards,

Edward

Edward Zhu

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:33 AM
  • thenks  

Iinstall this program (ReportViewer) in client pc 

I found another problem

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 12:23 PM
  • Hello sir,

I am glad to hear that you can install the application on your client side.

From the error screenshot, it is a connection problem for SQL server. For this kind of issue, you can find the following web articles to help you solve this kind of problem.

http://blog.sqlauthority.com/2007/04/23/sql-server-fix-error-40-could-not-open-a-connection-to-sql-server/

Hope it can be helpful to your problem.

Regards,

Edward

Edward Zhu

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 6:38 AM