none
Project Server 2010: PWA Workspace Template RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I followed this post http://projectserverblogs.com/?p=3705 to create a custom workspace template that we can call "My Customization".

Everything goes fine until the moment when I try to create a site for a project. (I followed all  the steps)

Project Sites --> Select the Project --> Create Site.

The site is created but is using the original template, not "My Customization".

I try to create a simple New Site Collection (in the root site from PWA) using "My Customization" and it works fine.

So, I can't use "My Customization" when I create new project's workspace.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks.

_______________________________ RC
    Friday, October 21, 2011 4:56 PM

Answers

• I found the solution in the Brian Smith's Microsoft Project Support Blog, in one of the comments. In fact was one of the Brian's comment.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brismith/archive/2010/03/15/customizing-the-project-site-in-project-server-2010.aspx?PageIndex=2#comments

The comment that has the solution:

20 Apr 2011 5:15 PM

Hi Jonatan,

If you go to server settings, Enterprise Project Types (under the Workflow and Project Detail Pages header) and then for each project type where you want this to be the default template you can click to open it - then scroll right to the bottom and you will find a drop down similar to the one on the Project Site Provisioning page, and just select the template you want to use whenever you create a project of this type.  The beauty of this is that it is easy to create other project types that use different templates.  I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Brian.

_______________________________ RC
    • Marked as answer by RicardoCaldas Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:02 PM
    • Edited by RicardoCaldas Wednesday, October 26, 2011 10:25 AM change "command" for "comment"
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:02 PM