What is the VirtualizedContainerService element for RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm doing research to .XAML files.

I often see the element VirtualizedContainerService.HintSize.

When I edit this element nothing is changing on the first sight.

I know this has something to do with the processing of graphical layout.

But I can't find the real meaning behind it.

I hope someone can help me

With kind regards,

Hobbel

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 7:16 AM

Answers

• "UI virtualization is used to render only the areas of the designer canvas that are currently in view, making the designer more responsive and less memory consuming. By default, both procedural and flowchart designers are virtualization aware, but if you were to construct a control flow designer that would be larger than an individual screen, that designer could benefit from virtualization."

I agree don't add the element when write Xaml by hand, it keep the xaml file more clear.

• Marked as answer by Hobbel007 Thursday, September 20, 2012 2:47 PM
    Thursday, September 6, 2012 9:24 AM
  • VirtualizedContainer HintSizes are little 'memos' that the workflow designer writes to future instances of itself in order to help it do the first layout pass more efficiently. There is no problem if it doesn't find such a memo note, since it can just recompute the layout, so you never need to add this XAML attribute when editing XAML by hand.
    Tim

Friday, September 7, 2012 4:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This attached property is added by Workflow Designer. It has no effect on the workflow execution

You can find your answer Here

Thanks,

Madhur

MB

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 9:23 AM
  • I found that answer. But I was just curious why it gets added, because I guess it has a reason.

I guess it's not necessary to add that element when I write a XAML file by hand?

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 11:18 AM
  • "UI virtualization is used to render only the areas of the designer canvas that are currently in view, making the designer more responsive and less memory consuming. By default, both procedural and flowchart designers are virtualization aware, but if you were to construct a control flow designer that would be larger than an individual screen, that designer could benefit from virtualization."

I agree don't add the element when write Xaml by hand, it keep the xaml file more clear.

• Marked as answer by Hobbel007 Thursday, September 20, 2012 2:47 PM
    Thursday, September 6, 2012 9:24 AM
  • VirtualizedContainer HintSizes are little 'memos' that the workflow designer writes to future instances of itself in order to help it do the first layout pass more efficiently. There is no problem if it doesn't find such a memo note, since it can just recompute the layout, so you never need to add this XAML attribute when editing XAML by hand.
    Tim

Friday, September 7, 2012 4:59 PM
  • Ok that makes sense!

Thanks all for the great response!!

Thursday, September 20, 2012 2:48 PM