none
Source of Filter Props shown in Send Port RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there,

I want to know the source of Filters Prop shown in Send Port configuration. I know they are part of Adapters but looking into HTTP adapter source code in SDK, i am not able to find any of the props which are shown in filter drop down selection e.g. Http.AffiliateApplicationName or Http.Certificate etc.

I m working on a custom adapter and want to know how can I promote one of the prop to assign value dynamically to use in Dynamic Port.

Thank YOu.

• Edited by BTAtWork Friday, March 9, 2018 1:42 PM
    Friday, March 9, 2018 5:13 AM

Answers

• The ODBC Adapter was a community effort from many years ago.  It never supported Dynamic Ports. :(

But, that's probably a good thing. :)

Even if possible, I wouldn't even try to use dynamic connection strings.  You really should use dedicated ports for each instances.

• Marked as answer by BTAtWork Saturday, March 10, 2018 4:53 AM
    Friday, March 9, 2018 3:47 PM

All replies

• Message Properties are not defined by the Adapter itself.  Message Properties are defined in Property Schemas.

Under All Artifacts/Schemas, look for the namespace of the HTTP Properties, then you can see the containing Assembly.

Reflect through that and you'll find the xsd that defines the Properties.

Note, the Property Schema and Adapter are not coupled in any way other than the Adapter code using them.  All Properties are essentially equally accessible to any app code.

Friday, March 9, 2018 1:51 PM
  • Thanks for the reply, that clear things on prop side and those props are part of GlobalPropertySchemas.

I m using TwoConnect's ODBC adapter and wants to send message to dynamic port by assigning value to ConnectionString at runtime. How can i assign values to ConnectionString dynamically from Orch? 

Friday, March 9, 2018 2:47 PM
  • The ODBC Adapter was a community effort from many years ago.  It never supported Dynamic Ports. :(

But, that's probably a good thing. :)

Even if possible, I wouldn't even try to use dynamic connection strings.  You really should use dedicated ports for each instances.

• Marked as answer by BTAtWork Saturday, March 10, 2018 4:53 AM
    Friday, March 9, 2018 3:47 PM