none
Envelope Settings? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Party setted up for Receiving EDI Files from us, how can I change their ISA15 usuage idicator {envelope settings} on the Fly?
    Right now the ISA15 usuage idicator are set to T, but I need to send him with P....

Clumpsy way would to be to set 2 Entries for him one with a ISA15 usuage idicator value of T and other with P and then use the right qualifiers...but can't i just change the Envelope settings desired on the FLY?

TIA

Friday, October 17, 2008 1:52 PM

All replies

• There is no property to Set the ISA15 for outbound message. The ISA15 is populated by the EDI send pipeline based on the party it selects to send the outbound message.

But you can read the ISA15 in the inbound message, whatever you receive from him. The property is EDI.ISA15.

Do you want to send both P and T, based on some logic? or you just wants to retain whatever in the incoming message.

may be you can create two parties with different qualifiers as you said and in the orchestration set the party you want in the outbound message. you can set the destinationparty properties in the orchestration.

if your requirement doesn't allow to have different qualifiers, then try implementing the custom EDI send pipeline with custom component in the encoding stage.

Cheers,

Devaraj

Friday, October 17, 2008 10:12 PM
  • So basically I set up the Party twice, once with his T Qualifer and other with his P and then while delivering him processed message I echo what he sends in?
    Wednesday, October 22, 2008 3:12 PM
  • Yes you can do that. This approach may double the number of parties. You may need to consdier this.

But in production you are supposed to get P and T in test, Correct? Don't know why you are getting both in production.

Cheers,
    Devaraj

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 7:18 PM
  • He's getting both in production because customers are idiots, however if you have control over schemas you can manually specify the data you want going out by creating a schema that utilizes the x12 Service Scheam and mapping the envelope data you want directly. View http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3995540&SiteID=1 for more.
    Wednesday, October 22, 2008 9:30 PM
  • Thanks, I cant control the customer, yes u are right. So basically can i toggle the envelope settings from somewhere [other than orchestration]? Coz if the party has two settings [T/P], how i do i ensure that he receives P if he has sent P in the inbound file?
    Friday, October 24, 2008 4:36 PM
  • EDI.ISA15 property should give you the value in the inbound file. based on the value P/T, you can toggle the party in the orchestration.

I don't know how to do this other than orchestration, may be you need to create custom pipelines. But i don't think this is necessary and will make your solution complex. Do you have orchestration in your solution?

Cheers,

Devaraj

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 11:06 PM
  • No, might do it in Send Pipeline encode stage

Thursday, October 30, 2008 12:55 PM
  •  

Hi,

Changing party settings on Fly is not supported in BizTalk R2. In next release(BTS 2009), you can override any party property(including ISA15) dynamically through Orchestration or adding custom pipeline component.

Friday, October 31, 2008 7:58 AM