none
How to add a minimizied Oultook group (e.g + admin dept ) to a textbox RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I 'm using VB.NET 2010 and MS Outlook 2007.

I want to add an Outlook Group to a textbox , there is a plus sign next to the group name, like " + Admin Dept". When I click the plus sign inside the textbox , it will automatically expand the email list , like admin1@abc.com ; admin2@abc.com ; admin3@abc.com

I know how to loop through the list of a address book , there are user, disturibtion list , forum ,.....inside my list.  Is it possible to add the distribution list to the textbox that can be expanded to the email long form list like the example above.

Any hints/links/suggestions would be greatly appreciated and helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Via

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 3:52 AM

Answers

• I suppose you could code a "+" sign before the name if it's a distribution list in a specific list element. And if that or any other element starting with or ending with a "+" is clicked you could handle that and get all the members of the list and replace the list name with the entries from the list membership. You'd have to code all that yourself of course.

The method you'd use on the DL would be GetMember() to return a member of the list.

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007

"viabug" <=?utf-8?B?dmlhYnVn?=> wrote in message news:c1da8779-90a9-4877-b801-1841b0381ad6...

Hi,

I want to add an Outlook Group to a textbox , there is a plus sign next to the group name, like " + Admin Dept". When I click the plus sign inside the textbox , it will automatically expand the email list , like admin1@abc.com ; admin2@abc.com ; admin3@abc.com

I know how to loop through the list of a address book , there are user, disturibtion list , forum ,.....inside my list.  Is it possible to add the distribution list to the textbox that can be expanded to the email long form list like the example above.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Via

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    • Marked as answer by viabug Thursday, March 10, 2011 1:42 AM
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 2:43 PM

All replies

• I suppose you could code a "+" sign before the name if it's a distribution list in a specific list element. And if that or any other element starting with or ending with a "+" is clicked you could handle that and get all the members of the list and replace the list name with the entries from the list membership. You'd have to code all that yourself of course.

The method you'd use on the DL would be GetMember() to return a member of the list.

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007

"viabug" <=?utf-8?B?dmlhYnVn?=> wrote in message news:c1da8779-90a9-4877-b801-1841b0381ad6...

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Via

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    • Marked as answer by viabug Thursday, March 10, 2011 1:42 AM
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 2:43 PM
  • Thanks..Thank you for Ken.^_^
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 1:42 AM