about windows phone 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• if i installed windows 8.1 developer version in my lumia....can i upgrade it to stable version later when it actually available for normal customers
    Friday, April 18, 2014 5:38 PM

Answers

• Hello Nithin7,
    The developer preview program provides early access to the version we release later this year.  So if you participate in the DPP, and Nokia releases a firmware update then you will receive that firmware update at that time.

You will not miss out on future updates by participating in this preview program.

Thank you,
    Eli A.

Windows Phone Support - Support Delivery Manager

Friday, April 18, 2014 8:20 PM

All replies

• if i installed windows 8.1 developer version in my lumia....can i upgrade it to stable version later when it actually available for normal customers

Friday, April 18, 2014 5:44 PM
  • Hello Nithin7,
    The developer preview program provides early access to the version we release later this year.  So if you participate in the DPP, and Nokia releases a firmware update then you will receive that firmware update at that time.

You will not miss out on future updates by participating in this preview program.

Thank you,
    Eli A.

Windows Phone Support - Support Delivery Manager

Friday, April 18, 2014 8:20 PM
  • If I update from Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview to Windows Phone 8.1 stable do I lose any data/settings during the ugrading process?
    Wednesday, April 30, 2014 8:19 AM
  • Hello Rangerul:

Thank you for posting to the forum.  From my experience with past updates, including running the Developer preview for update 3, the answer is no.  The update should not require any form of factory reset that might lead to loss of data or settings.  With that said, I would still suggest you back up as much as you can.  You can utilize OneDrive to store documents, pictures and music.  You can also sync copies of your files to a PC. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Saturday, May 3, 2014 1:32 AM