none
HostInformation alternative on WP8.1 (Runtime) C++ RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Currently we have WP8.0 application written in native C++ (without CX) and it works fine. But I would like to use some new features (OnlineIdAuthenticator, Windows.Web) from WP8.1. Problem is that we need to identify user or device, so right now we are using HostInformation.PublisherHostId property. But if I convert project to WP8.1 runntime there is no HostInformation class. (Everything else is working and I'm able to build and run app - except ID verification).

I cannot even access to DeviceExtendedProperties or UserExtenedProperties to get ANID2 - because of c++.

Can you help me with some alternative to getting unique hostID, please?

Monday, December 1, 2014 11:30 AM

Answers

• The comparable Windows Runtime API would be: Windows::System::Profile::HardwareIdentification::GetPackageSpecificToken ...

However, this is only consistent within a package family, not publisher. (i.e. across app updates and between apps within the same app package bundle.)

Eric Fleck, Windows Store and Windows Phone Developer Support. If you would like to provide feedback or suggestions for future improvements to the Windows Phone SDK please go to http://wpdev.uservoice.com/ where you can post your suggestions and/or cast your votes for existing suggestions.

Monday, December 1, 2014 9:48 PM