Domain account cannot login RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have 1 domain account that will not log into TFS but if I try another account it works fine.

I can log into the machine fine with the account but when I try these details in the TFS prompt it gets refused.

Checking the eventlog i find this:

Logon attempt by: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0

Logon account: <account>

Source Workstation: <machine name>

Error Code: 0xC0000064

Which looks like TFS has tried to validate the account with the domain controller and has received an

error...would this be correct?

Does anyone have any ideas on where i can go from here?

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 10:43 AM

Answers

• That error code means the logon was misspelled or a bad user account.  I would double check that the account name you're entering exists on the domain.  Since other accounts on the domain work, I would expect this is the problem.
    Wednesday, March 28, 2007 12:55 PM

All replies

• That error code means the logon was misspelled or a bad user account.  I would double check that the account name you're entering exists on the domain.  Since other accounts on the domain work, I would expect this is the problem.
    Wednesday, March 28, 2007 12:55 PM
  • Dear Wes:

Could you please check the TFS Groups to make sure the domain account has been added to the TFS Groups?
    If it is already there, please try to use the account in another machine to log into TFS to see what will happen.

Thank you very much.  

Thursday, March 29, 2007 2:14 AM