how to prevent a file from being deleted RRS feed

• Question

• I've got a document management application that allows users to save files or copy them to a server. I want to make sure that once a document is copied to the server, it can't be deleted or edited by a user. Any ideas how to do this?

I've figured out how to change the file to ReadOnly. But users can still delete these files. How can I allow them to create files but not delete a file after they (or anyone else) has created it?

Gordon Prince * (901) 761-3393

Monday, March 19, 2012 4:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Gordon,

I think this is more related to a Network management.

You can ask your IT department if they can set the network rights to Read-only on this particular folder for your users.

My 2 cts ...

Daniel van den Berg | Washington, USA | "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy"

Please vote an answer helpful if they helped. Please mark an answer as an answer when your question is being answered.

• Marked as answer by Gordon Prince Tuesday, March 20, 2012 1:59 PM
    Monday, March 19, 2012 6:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Gordon,

I think this is more related to a Network management.

You can ask your IT department if they can set the network rights to Read-only on this particular folder for your users.

My 2 cts ...

Daniel van den Berg | Washington, USA | "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy"

Please vote an answer helpful if they helped. Please mark an answer as an answer when your question is being answered.

• Marked as answer by Gordon Prince Tuesday, March 20, 2012 1:59 PM
    Monday, March 19, 2012 6:45 PM
  • Hi Gordon,

You can create a pdf file of the same document and place it in the network folder,

this can solve the "editing" problem, but regarding "deleting"., as danishani says,
    you should raise request to IT dept to create a folder to you to which delete privileges are revoked.

Regards
    Repath

Love the Love that Loves the Love and Hate the Love that Loves the Hate.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 1:27 PM