Not able to send email to user defined in column RRS feed

• Question

• When creating pages within our sites, content admins are required to assign a publishing owner to the page. The publishing owner is a person or group site column, show field is set to Name (with presence).

I would like for my workflow to send and email to the publishing owner when a certain date is met. My workflow works great, but SharePoint Designer will not let me choose Pages: Publishing Owner in the To: or CC: fields. It will allow me to choose Pages:Created By, Pages:Byline,etc. If I type Pages: Publishing Owner int CC: field, it just says Pages: Publishing Owner in the CC: field when I recieve the email.

I get this response whether I use Current Item or Pages in the lookup. It seems that it does not recognize this as a field that it can email to.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 9:28 PM

Answers

• Thanks. I found that the problem was that the column was set to "allow multiple selections" and "people and groups". I set these to not allow multipe selections and people only and it is working fine now.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:47 PM

All replies

• try building a string with the information you want, and mailing it to the string
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:13 PM
  • Thanks. I found that the problem was that the column was set to "allow multiple selections" and "people and groups". I set these to not allow multipe selections and people only and it is working fine now.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:47 PM