Inline XSLT mapping RRS feed

• Question

• I have below structure in schema

<Record>

<Field1>  </Field1>

<Field2>  </Field2>

</Record>

Previously I was mapping Field1 and Field2 one to one to destination schema. Later we got requirement to add xsi:type attribute to Record element. So I have used the inline XSLT to add attribute. Below is inline XSLT:

<Record xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
       <xsl:attribute name="xsi:Type">
        <xsl:value-of select="'ABC'" />
       </xsl:attribute>

</Record>

But issue I am facing is the Field1 and Field2 are not getting mapped. When I add the mapping for these two fields in inline XSLT then it is working.

Is this mean that we can not use inline XSLT and mapping together or I am missing something?

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 1:41 PM

Answers

• You cannot use both XSLT and Links to generate output.

In this case, a XSLT Call Template is probably you best option.  You Link the source field as a Parameter.

However, it's quite unusual (meaning no one does it :) to add schema type to an instance document.  That's what the Schema is for.  Are you sure about this?

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 2:28 PM

All replies

• You cannot use both XSLT and Links to generate output.

In this case, a XSLT Call Template is probably you best option.  You Link the source field as a Parameter.

However, it's quite unusual (meaning no one does it :) to add schema type to an instance document.  That's what the Schema is for.  Are you sure about this?

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 2:28 PM
  • thanx for your reply Johns.

If it is possible by XSLT call templte , can you tell me the XSLT code for this?

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 2:36 PM
  • Hi Rocky,

Can you please provide us your input instance and expected output for that?

Thanks, Girish R. Patil.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 4:34 PM