none
Reusable workflow is not working

Question

• Hello,

Please find the attached screen shot, i have a list(LeaveRequest) with StartDate, EndDate and TotalLeaveRequest(calulated column to exclude weekends) and Holiday list with title and HolidayDate. I have list workflow with holiday look up column and workflow to loop through the holiday list and exclude the holiday.

As i dont want user to choose HoildayDate from drop down(look up col), i am trying to implement using reusable workflow, i have assigneed start date. end date to workflow variables which is not fetching values from list.

Vidya

Regards

Vidya

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 11:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Vidya,

From the screenshot below, you want to retrieve the StartDate field value from LeaveRequest list to where the LeaveRequest: StartDate equals to Current Item: Created.

Both of StartDate field and Created field return values with Date and Time type. By default, the Created field is a Date and Time field, it contains the time. The StartDate field cannot equal to the Created field because the time in these fields are different, only the date in these fields are the same.

You can log the field values in the workflow history and check these values.

For this issue, use the fields with Date Only type instead of the Date and Time type.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 23, 2017 5:51 AM
  • Hello Lynda, 

It is in date only format please find the attached.

Thursday, March 23, 2017 10:11 AM
  • Hi Vidya,

The Date and Time format of “Created column” is “Date &Time”.  

As we cannot edit the default “Created” column settings, we need to create another column with “Date Only” format.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, March 24, 2017 1:53 AM