Cube Formulas with Multiple Slicer Selections in CUBEMEMBER RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry if the title is horrible i just don't know how else to word it. Basically i'm trying to mimic the behavior of a pivot table where i have three fields that will affect a single column: I have region, site, and manager that affects an associate column. If i use a slicer for this single column pivottable (associate is the single column) i'll get associates based on the hierarchy i'm selecting in the slicers. Let's say i choose one region from the region slicer, one site, and two managers, the pivot table will show me all of the associates that match the criteria and give me a single list from both managers. I want to do the same with my CUBESET and CUBERANKED member formulas. I can get the CUBESET to give me the manager slicer selections, but i need the cuberanked formulas or cubemember formulas to give me the list of associates based on my selection. Please help
    Tuesday, August 9, 2016 2:09 PM

Answers

• Working with Cube formulas is something too much for a forum reply, but if you already have a pivot table that does what you want, the easiest way to go to Cube formulas is to use the 'Convert to Formulas' option in Excel. You'll find this under OLAP Tools in the ribbon, Analyze tab, when you select a pivot table.

Be aware that when using Cube formulas, you'll need to take care of having enough rows to show results yourself.

• Marked as answer by Charlie Liao Monday, August 22, 2016 1:59 AM
    Wednesday, August 10, 2016 7:00 AM
    Answerer