none
Pipeline Component - Service Reference RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a set of Pipeline Components for BizTalk, which lives in their own Class Library.

I have added a service reference to the class, named KSWebService240.

However, when the following line `var dtWS = new KSWebService240.MessageServiceSoapClient();` in the Pipeline Component does fail with the following message:

System.InvalidOperationException: Could not find default endpoint element that references contract 'KSWebService240.MessageServiceSoap' in the ServiceModel client configuration section. This might be because no configuration file was found for your application, or because no endpoint element matching this contract could be found in the client element.

This means that my configuration file containing the binding is missing.
    However, in BizTalk the DLL containing the Pipeline Components is deployed.
    I don't think you need to deploy the configuration file.

NOTE: The SOAP service is a link to a WSDL file on disk containing the description.

How can I let the Pipeline Component do it's work and connect with the SOAP service?

Kind regards,

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 1:47 PM

All replies

• Well....other than you don't, meaning do not call services withing Pipeline Components.

It's regular .Net rules but...

Telling you straight up, there is no credible reason to call services from Pipeline Components.  No architectural, no performance, no maintainability, none.  All this does is add unnecessary complexity and create problems, now and in the future.

BizTalk Server has built in support for SOAP through Orchestrations and Adapters.

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 2:36 PM