none
How to get EHCI Host to work on OMAP3530 EVM? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have OMAP3530 EVM with WinCE and BSP6.14.00. I got the board to boot up all the way to the desk screen.

Exploring "My Device", I am not able to see the USB stick attached to the EHCI host connector or SD card connected to MMC1.  The files on my USB stick and SD card can be read from my desktop computer.

Please give me some tips on how to attach a USB device at the EHCI host connector as well as read/write files from the USB device.

Thanks,

Luan

Friday, August 6, 2010 12:36 AM

Answers

• Do you have an EHCI driver loaded?  Did you include a USB Mass Storage class driver?  Does your USB stick get powered when you plug it in?
    Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    • Marked as answer by LuanLe Wednesday, November 17, 2010 11:46 PM
    Friday, August 6, 2010 3:29 AM
  • The EHCI Host connector on the OMAP3530 EVM does not provide power.  Your devices need to be self-powered or attached to a powered hub.  I got hit by this one as well.  Something about a PHY in the way.

Dan

• Proposed as answer by GSRid Tuesday, October 5, 2010 4:04 AM
    Monday, October 4, 2010 6:20 PM

All replies

• Do you have an EHCI driver loaded?  Did you include a USB Mass Storage class driver?  Does your USB stick get powered when you plug it in?
    Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    Friday, August 6, 2010 3:29 AM
  • The EHCI Host connector on the OMAP3530 EVM does not provide power.  Your devices need to be self-powered or attached to a powered hub.  I got hit by this one as well.  Something about a PHY in the way.

Dan

• Proposed as answer by GSRid Tuesday, October 5, 2010 4:04 AM
    Monday, October 4, 2010 6:20 PM