none
Unable to load lightswitch app if internet connection is down.

Question

• 3 tier deployment on SQL 2012 and IIS 8, all servers are local with a desktop and HTML client.

If the connection to the internet is down then users are unable to load the desktop client locally.I'm not sure where to start looking to fix this problem.

DNS is pointing to the local ip addresses.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 9:01 PM

Answers

• Hi Patkha,

You can follow this guide to retrieve diagnostic information. Once you have enabled diagnostics, you can now inspect the information that is being logged in your application.  Remember, any request before tracing was enabled won’t show up in the trace information.  So you may need to reload your app in order to get the trace logs populated. Reference: Diagnosing Problems in a Deployed 3-Tier LightSwitch Application

At the same time you could also try Fiddler, it captures HTTP(S) traffic and logs it for the user to review. It can also be used to "fiddle" with HTTP traffic as it is being sent.

Regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Patkha Tuesday, October 4, 2016 8:37 PM
    Monday, September 26, 2016 7:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Patkha,

You can follow this guide to retrieve diagnostic information. Once you have enabled diagnostics, you can now inspect the information that is being logged in your application.  Remember, any request before tracing was enabled won’t show up in the trace information.  So you may need to reload your app in order to get the trace logs populated. Reference: Diagnosing Problems in a Deployed 3-Tier LightSwitch Application

At the same time you could also try Fiddler, it captures HTTP(S) traffic and logs it for the user to review. It can also be used to "fiddle" with HTTP traffic as it is being sent.

Regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Patkha Tuesday, October 4, 2016 8:37 PM
    Monday, September 26, 2016 7:38 AM
  • Thank you very much for the insight, Fiddler pointed to HTTPS required in my publish setting as my problem.

An error occurred while checking for updates. Make sure you are running the latest version of the application by uninstalling it from add/remove programs in the Control Panel, and then re installing the application

Details: Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))

# Result Protocol Host URL Body Caching Content-Type Process Comments Custom
    1 200 HTTP Tunnel to my.site.com:443 0 sllauncher:5444
    2 502 HTTP ocsp.godaddy.com 512 no-cache, must-revalidate text/html; charset=UTF-8 sllauncher:5444
    3 200 HTTP Tunnel to my.site.com:443 0 sllauncher:5444
    4 502 HTTP crl.godaddy.com 512 no-cache, must-revalidate text/html; charset=UTF-8 sllauncher:5444
    5 502 HTTP crl.microsoft.com 512 no-cache, must-revalidate text/html; charset=UTF-8 svchost:1260

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 8:39 PM