none
how to delete device family which was created using a different manager RRS feed

• Question

• I was on a HCK server which I uninstalled. On that server, I had a created a project and device family using hardwareid using object model. I didn't delete device family on that server and uninstalled it.

Then i tried to create device family using the same hardware id on another server. But it is not allowing me to do so. How do I solve this problem?

Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:56 PM

Answers

• A Device Family can not be deleted once it has been used for the creation of a Target Family.  I would suggest to not manually create them unless you have a specific reason to do so.  The HCK OM will create them as needed, and they can be reused between projects.

Paul - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 10:03 PM

All replies

• Can you post your source?  There shouldn't be any data cached on the controller from a previous installation after it is uninstalled.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Friday, January 25, 2013 3:56 AM
  • Actually I found the problem. It seems somebody else had created a device family using my hardware id. That's why i was unable to create a new one.

When a person creates a project and schedules a test using HCK Studio on a target, is a device family automatically created in DTMJobs database? The reason I ask is when I do $Manager.getdevicefamilies(), I see quite a few which were not created by my script (using Object Model).

Saturday, January 26, 2013 12:31 AM
  • Yes, once a target's added to some project, it is persisted even if it is unselected from the project in HCK Studio, for example.  Your $Manager object should have a function to delete it.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Sunday, January 27, 2013 2:08 AM
  • A Device Family can not be deleted once it has been used for the creation of a Target Family.  I would suggest to not manually create them unless you have a specific reason to do so.  The HCK OM will create them as needed, and they can be reused between projects.

Paul - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 10:03 PM