HttpModule Error event doesnt fire in webservice RRS feed

• Question

• User-1505052757 posted

Hi,

I have created a HttpModule and implemented an event that needs to be fired on error like this:

--------------------------------

public void
    Init(HttpApplication app) { app.Error += new System.EventHandler(OnError); throw new Exception("This is not handled to the event"); } private void OnError(object obj, EventArgs args) { // This never happens... }
    --------------------------------
    Why doesnt this work?

regards
    Tuesday, August 14, 2007 10:01 AM

All replies

• User-225114762 posted

I think you're a little fast in trying your new event handler. Try throwing your exception in code that is actually executed for a request, perhaps in Page_Load of your default startup-page.

Also - why are you doing this in your own HttpModule? What's wrong with the global Application_Error event method? Are you trying to catch exceptions that originate in the HttpModule? I don't think you want to do that so.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 10:51 AM
  • User-1505052757 posted

Hi,

Regarding the actual location of the exception, the above should definately work, but as a reference I can tell that the event is never fired - regardless of where its generated in the application.

As far as the Application_Error goes - well that event does not apply for webservices. Hmm maybe thats related...

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 3:54 PM