Back Button onclick delay when using SettingsFlyout.showSettings method

Question

• Hello,

I'm developing a Windows 8 Application and added a Help page link to my settings charm.  This help page contains several links to other pages that are accessible in the settings charm panel (Settings ->Help->Subpage).  When I navigate to a sub link of the help page and need to navigate back to the help page by clicking the back arrow button, there is a delay in the navigation.  For instance, after the sub page appears and I immediately click on the back arrow, nothing happens.  I need to wait a few seconds or click the back arrow multiple times in order for the method to work.  I'm using the below code for my sub page back arrow button:

<button onclick="WinJS.UI.SettingsFlyout.showSettings('help', 'pages/help/help.html')" class="win-backbutton white" aria-label="Back"></button>

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

Thursday, June 20, 2013 12:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for support MS!

I think the reason of delay may be leaded by those:

(1)Run Environment.If you can run your project in Simulator,it may delay.When you release your soft,it will be right.

(2)Your html page(help.html) may need to load more content or the help page have some effect need time to show.

So I think you check your code firstly,If not problem,You can publish your application on device to test.

Hope this helps!

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 9:45 AM