Usability Changes Needed RRS feed

• General discussion

• For a product that was made for designers I'm surprised that this product not only shipped but continues to have new versions released without addressing some very basic problems.

1)  This has the ugliest color scheme and interface I've seen in at least 10 years.  It looks more like it was designed for windows 3.0 than Vista.  The color scheme needs to be changed or at least allow a more modern color scheme to be selected.  It gives the impression of a very poor product even though it may be a great product.

2) Tool bars are not dockable.  The tool bars and other windows should behave more like visual studio where I can dock them to the side of my choosing and have them auto hide.  This would allow valuable screen space to be freed up for the task that I care about and not reserving half the available screen space for the tool.

How about a Ribbon interface.

Remember this is a tool and the focus should be that it gives your customers the ability to develop quality products.  It appears that you believe the focus should be on the tool itself and not the task that needs completed.
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008 3:00 PM

All replies

• have to agree the UIs rather too heavy but can help you with how to hide the palettes, if you are an Adobe user you'll be used to hitting the "tab" key to hide/show these (but unlike Adobe keeps the tool bar visible) - the space bar also brings up the grabber hand, and ctrl +, ctrl - zooms view in and out - all Adobe conventions, just wish it had a revert command so I could quickly get back to a clean file version after stuffing it up completely.
    Friday, July 25, 2008 4:17 AM