none
Application crash with the Error : Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a open source project developed in C# in visual studio 2008. Now, I want to create a windows installer for this project. 

I have followed all the instructions given on this link:

Creating an MSI Package Using a Visual Studio Setup Project

I am able to create MSI package successfully.Also it installs successfully.

But when I try to open the application it crashes.

Logs in event viewer gives me this errror:

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll

You can see the detailed error log in below screenshot:

Application crash log

What did I miss in this process?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Navnath

• Edited by NavnathK Friday, January 19, 2018 12:01 PM
    Friday, January 19, 2018 11:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi NavnathK,

Probably incompatible between 32bit application and 64bit Operating System. So I would suggest you try to set the platform of your application from x86 to Any CPU in Configuration Manager in Visual Studio. Hope this helps you.

Thanks,
    Sabah Shariq

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Friday, January 19, 2018 12:13 PM
  • Hello Shariq,

Thank you for the quick reply.

However, my application is 64 bit and machine on which I deployed the application is also 64 bit.

I already tried the steps that suggested. Is there something that could be missed?

Thank you

• Edited by NavnathK Friday, January 19, 2018 12:21 PM
    Friday, January 19, 2018 12:19 PM
  • Hi NavanathK,

Looking into more closely you have Exception code 0xe053534f is stack overflow, which means there's probably some bug in your code.

Please see the below thread answer it states step to debug the problem. Hope this will help you.

Windows service error

Production Debugging: A story about “Exception code: 0xe053534f”

Thanks,
    Sabah Shariq

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Friday, January 19, 2018 12:43 PM