tcm run /execute returns error "unable to execute a run which is configured for a controller" RRS feed

• Question

• I have create a test run with the tcm run /create command and now I want to execute this created run with the tcm run /execute command.

This command gives the error "unable to execute a run which is configured for a controller"

Anybody any idea what the root cause is of this problem

thanks in advance

• Moved by Tony xiao Wednesday, May 9, 2012 3:09 AM (From:Visual Studio UI Automation Testing (includes CodedUI))
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 7:22 AM

Answers

• Hello pwillemot,

Do you configure the test environment for the test plan which contain the tests that you want to run? If so, what type of the environment you specify for the test plan? Physical environment or virtual environment?

If not, please offer me more information about the settings of the test plan. And the tcm run /execute command you are using on your side.

I did a test on my side, if I do not configure test envrionment in the test plan, I can execute the tcm run /execute command successfully.  So, please try to execute the tcm run /execute command without test environment specified.

Thanks. 

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:14 AM

All replies

• Hi pwillemot,

Seems like this issue is related to MTM and I will move this thread to a correct forum.

Best Regards,

Tony Xiao [MSFT]

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 3:08 AM
  • Hello pwillemot,

Do you configure the test environment for the test plan which contain the tests that you want to run? If so, what type of the environment you specify for the test plan? Physical environment or virtual environment?

If not, please offer me more information about the settings of the test plan. And the tcm run /execute command you are using on your side.

I did a test on my side, if I do not configure test envrionment in the test plan, I can execute the tcm run /execute command successfully.  So, please try to execute the tcm run /execute command without test environment specified.

Thanks. 

Vicky Song [MSFT]

Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:14 AM