Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException RRS feed

• Question

• Trying out data factory for the first time to move some data from an on-prem postgres db to SQL Azure using the copy wizard. I am pulling data from 4 different tables with ease, straight into sql with nothing fancy.  One table however is giving me lots of trouble.  I continuously get this (very unhelpful) exception and have to tweak columns and settings one by one in order to resolve it.    I started just by pulling everything in (select * from inventory). But that wasn't working, so I tried to simplify (select id from inventory), and that worked.  Now i've been adding a single column at a time, re-running, waiting 5-10 minutes for it to succeed or fail, then trying different fixes if it has failed.  Sometimes it will fail and I will fix it by changing a source column type, use Int16 instead of Int32 for instance.  Sometime it will be because the destination schema isn't correct and maybe some text would be truncated.  I had it working pretty solidly and made one change on the sql side and now it is back to consistently failing and I am stuck trying unwind changes and get it back to a steady state.  Of course with the ~10 minute delay for re-running, it gets very very frustrating.  

Here is the full exception:

GatewayNodeName=CMGDC1,'Type=Microsoft.Data.Mashup.InternalMashupException,Message=We're sorry, an error occurred during evaluation.,Source=Microsoft.DataTransfer.Common,''Type=Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException,Message=The requested operation cannot be completed. The computer must be trusted for delegation and the current user account must be configured to allow delegation. ,Source=Microsoft.MashupEngine,''Type=Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException,Message=The requested operation cannot be completed. The computer must be trusted for delegation and the current user account must be configured to allow delegation. ,Source=,''Type=Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException,Message=The requested operation cannot be completed. The computer must be trusted for delegation and the current user account must be configured to allow delegation. ,Source=,'.

At first I thought it might be a permissions issue but the copy data wizard shows the table, pulls the schema, able to pull sample rows, etc. and there is nothing special about this one specific table that is different than the others that work successfully.  I have deleted and added the sources multiple times but that didn't help at all.

What am I doing wrong?

Thursday, August 31, 2017 6:33 PM

All replies

• Hi svickers! We are sorry for the inconvenience. What change did you make to the SQL Database side? It sounds like the error might be linked to this change?

Best regards.

Friday, September 1, 2017 6:34 AM
  • The column causing the problem is a BIGINT in postgres.  Our destination table is also a bigint, and both input and output datasets have the property set to Int64.  When the job runs it puts 10,000 records in the destination table and then stops, so it appears to be encountering an error in the second batch.  When I filter my select to exclude any rows that have a NULL in that field, then everything works fine.  But NULL is still a valid value, and the destination column is definitely nullable.
    Friday, September 1, 2017 5:11 PM