none
PCNFSD deprecated in Server 2012R2! RRS feed

• Question

• I read in the release notes that PCNFSD is depreciated in Server 2012R2 and beyond.

Does this include support for the NFS Client as-well? 

Will a replacement be named?

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 8:36 PM

Answers

• Hi Chris, This forum is for software developers who are using the Open Specification documentation to assist them in developing systems, services, and applications that are interoperable with Microsoft products. The Open Specifications can be found at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc203350(PROT.10).aspx. Since your post does not appear to be related to the Open Specification documentation set we would appreciate it if you could try to post your question in a more relevant forum.

Windows Server 2012 General

Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:23 PM
  • Hello Josh,  Thank you for the reply.

I brought this topic up here because I working with NFS interoperability between Windows and other NFS servers.  When I saw the release notes comment about PCNFSd being removed from Windows, I was caught off guard. That causes a minor interop issue between Windows client and System Z in some configurations. My conversation on depreciated application goes further then just PCNFSd.  The deprecation of SUA/SFU has caused a redevelopment sizing effort for tools that depend on a Unix like environment for proper operations.

I will look for the proper forum to ask my questions regarding PCNFSd.  And I will keep in mind this forum applications development.

Monday, February 17, 2014 8:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Chris, This forum is for software developers who are using the Open Specification documentation to assist them in developing systems, services, and applications that are interoperable with Microsoft products. The Open Specifications can be found at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc203350(PROT.10).aspx. Since your post does not appear to be related to the Open Specification documentation set we would appreciate it if you could try to post your question in a more relevant forum.

Windows Server 2012 General

Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:23 PM
  • Hello Josh,  Thank you for the reply.

I brought this topic up here because I working with NFS interoperability between Windows and other NFS servers.  When I saw the release notes comment about PCNFSd being removed from Windows, I was caught off guard. That causes a minor interop issue between Windows client and System Z in some configurations. My conversation on depreciated application goes further then just PCNFSd.  The deprecation of SUA/SFU has caused a redevelopment sizing effort for tools that depend on a Unix like environment for proper operations.

I will look for the proper forum to ask my questions regarding PCNFSd.  And I will keep in mind this forum applications development.

Monday, February 17, 2014 8:50 PM