none
System Registry GFlags: Error: 5 RRS feed

• Question

• I've just installed Debugging tools for windows 6.11.1.404 on Windows XP. When I launch Global Flags, I get the error

"System Registry Gflags: error: 5"

What's this? How can I solve the issue? Thanks.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 3:41 PM

Answers

• Are  you starting gflags from an user-account, which has administrative rights?

With kind regards

Note:
        Please have in mind, when using gflags, very great care should be taken, for it may leave your pc in an unusable state.

• Marked as answer by Leonard Wednesday, October 2, 2013 11:28 PM
    Tuesday, October 1, 2013 6:33 PM
  • Hi Leonard,

Maybe you could click Debugging Tools for Windows, right-click Global Flags and then click Run as administrator.

Reference:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff553149(v=vs.85).aspx

Since this issue is related to the Windows Debugger tool, I will move this thread to  

Windows Desktop Debugging forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai[MSFT]
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 6:57 AM

All replies

• Are  you starting gflags from an user-account, which has administrative rights?

With kind regards

Note:
        Please have in mind, when using gflags, very great care should be taken, for it may leave your pc in an unusable state.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 6:33 PM
  • Yes, I am starting gflags from an normal user account.
    Tuesday, October 1, 2013 10:51 PM
  • Hi Leonard,

Maybe you could click Debugging Tools for Windows, right-click Global Flags and then click Run as administrator.

Reference:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff553149(v=vs.85).aspx

Since this issue is related to the Windows Debugger tool, I will move this thread to  

Windows Desktop Debugging forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai[MSFT]
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 6:57 AM