none
VSIX Package. Visual studio 2017

Question

• Hi

Please am doing this, Walkthrough: Creating an SDK using C++. From MSDN. Am using visual studio 2017. I was asked to do the below

To create the native and Windows Runtime libraries

On the menu bar, choose File, New, Project.

In the list of templates, expand Visual C++, Windows Store, and then select the DLL (Windows Store apps) template. In the Name box, specify NativeMath, and then choose the OK button.

I did that, but what I saw on visual studio 2017, was Visual C++, Windows Universal, DLL (Universal Windows) and I clicked that; you know this latest visual studio 2017, you have to install what you need, and I think I installed everything I need, but not everything there was to install. So I created the project, and changed the codes, in the .cpp and .h files, as I was instructed.

Next I was asked to do this;

In Solution Explorer, open the shortcut menu for Solution 'NativeMath', and then choose Add, New Project.

In the list of templates, expand Visual C++, and then select the Windows Runtime Component template. In the Name box, specify NativeMathWRT, and then choose the OK button. I did Visual C++, but I couldn't find Windows Runtime Component, but I found Windows Runtime Component(Universal windows) and I clicked that. Created the project, changed the codes, in the .cpp and .h files, as I was instructed.

Next I was asked to do this;

To create the NativeMathVSIX extension project

In Solution Explorer, open the shortcut menu for Solution ‘NativeMath’, and then choose Add, New Project.

In the list of templates, expand Visual C#, Extensibility, and then select VSIX Package. In the Name box, specify NativeMathVSIX, and then choose the OK button.

When the VSIX manifest designer appears, close it.

In Solution Explorer, open the shortcut menu for source.extension.vsixmanifest, and then choose View Code.

Use the following XML to replace the existing XML.

But I couldn't find Extensibility on Visual C#, neither could I find VSIX Package and that was where is stopped, couldn't go further

Please can someone help me with this

Cheers

Friday, March 17, 2017 2:36 PM

Answers

All replies