Saving a PowerPivot File RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I am working on the Microsoft tutorial on powerpivot located at:  technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg413481.aspx#CommunityContent 

After completing the second part of importing data using the custom query the file can now longer be saved.
    I keep getting a "errors were detected error" - unable to save.  Can someone help me with this?  Thanks!

Monday, November 12, 2012 1:32 AM

Answers

All replies

• Are you using the sample data or you are using your own database?

Can you make a screen capture and upload here?

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:17 AM
  • I have attached the image.  Upon further investigation the problem does not lie with the data.  
    If I try to save a file which contains no data in PowerPivot it will not save.  There is no error and it looks like it was saved but the file does not exist.  When I try to save outside of the PowerPivot window I get the error.  I have used the data mining feature of Excel without any problems.  Excel is installed on both my local machine and on a virtual machine.  Both have the same version of Excel(2010) installed and are are encountering the same problems.  

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 2:25 PM
  • Im sorry but cant see it.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 2:27 PM
  • Hi WendyAC,

It seems you encountered the same issue in the thread below:
    Powerpivot Workbook in Excel cannot be saved: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sqlkjpowerpivotforexcel/thread/41e52c94-9850-444c-a6a9-422995b5bc96

For better support, you can post the questions about Excel IT Pro Discussions forum.

Regards,

Bin Long

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Elvis Long Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:51 AM
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:23 AM