Unknown server tag 'SPSWC:SearchBoxEx'. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Platform - SP 2007

We have an internal site collection to which some customisations have been done to use custom master pages and home (deafult) pages with a custom CSS etc. The sites are working fine as such but the main site and all the subsites are the publishing sites and do have a collection of lists and libraries.

When I am trying to create a collaboration (team/blog) site, system doesn't like it and creates the site but the default page for the team/blog site displays the error:

"An error occurred during the processing of . Unknown server tag 'SPSWC:SearchBoxEx'."

I have tried to create subsites with default master pages instead of custom and default CSS etc. but under this site collection I am not able to create any team/blog site :(

There are other web applications on the farm and i can create team/blog sites under them but not the above mentioned one.

I have checked the code on the custom master page for the above mentioned site collection and have also compared it with the default.master and can confirm there is no difference in the code where "'SPSWC:SearchBoxEx'" appears in both of these master files.

ANY HELP WITH THIS WOULD BE REALLY APPRECIATED.

Thanks in advance

PS

This is the only code which has a reference to this server tag and is the same in both the default and the custom master files:

<div class="search">
             <asp:ContentPlaceHolder id="PlaceHolderSearchArea" runat="server">
              <SPSWC:SearchBoxEx id="SearchBox" RegisterStyles="false" TextBeforeDropDown="" TextBeforeTextBox="<%$Resources:cms,masterpages_searchbox_label%>" TextBoxWidth="100" GoImageUrl="<% $SPUrl:~sitecollection/Style Library/Images/Search_Arrow.jpg %>"
               GoImageUrlRTL="<% $SPUrl:~sitecollection/Style Library/Images/Search_Arrow_RTL.jpg %>" UseSiteDefaults="true" DropDownMode="ShowDD" SuppressWebPartChrome="true" runat="server" WebPart="true" __WebPartId="{16B2DB1E-B982-4CA6-89F0-CCDCF0A1A8DC}"/>
             </asp:ContentPlaceHolder>
            </div>

UPDATE

I have now tried to comment out the above code in the master file and the search box disappeared as expected. BUT the problem with creating a blog/team site still exists and I am getting the same error message again :(

• Edited by hellosp Tuesday, July 10, 2012 4:09 PM
    Tuesday, July 10, 2012 3:28 PM