none
extract data from html RRS feed

• Question

• hi

I want to get data from gsmArena
    I want the name of all the company - all the model -all  the picture to datagridview column 3

In this picture shows all companies and when you click on any company
    The names of models and photos appear

Friday, February 1, 2019 3:09 AM

Answers

• Hello,

This is not a simple task, if you were to use developer tools say in Chrome browser to inspect what looks like a table it's not a table but a styled unordered list with no id. Without a id you would need to do some detective work on the DOM to drill down into the list usually done with HTML Agility pack library and is not a simple task.

Lastly, doing this may violate the companies policies by collecting this data.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

• Marked as answer by ahmeddc Friday, February 1, 2019 4:57 PM
    Friday, February 1, 2019 11:22 AM
  • Hello, 

Is a source of the HTML yours or it one of the side sites?

If it yours

- ask developer to provide XHTML - you will be able to parse it with XML parser.

- you also can ask about implementing web-service which will provide required data in one of well-known formats. 

For a side site - read a Karen's post. 

Sincerely, Highly skilled coding monkey.

Friday, February 1, 2019 12:06 PM

All replies

• Hello,

This is not a simple task, if you were to use developer tools say in Chrome browser to inspect what looks like a table it's not a table but a styled unordered list with no id. Without a id you would need to do some detective work on the DOM to drill down into the list usually done with HTML Agility pack library and is not a simple task.

Lastly, doing this may violate the companies policies by collecting this data.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Friday, February 1, 2019 11:22 AM
  • Hello, 

Is a source of the HTML yours or it one of the side sites?

If it yours

- ask developer to provide XHTML - you will be able to parse it with XML parser.

- you also can ask about implementing web-service which will provide required data in one of well-known formats. 

For a side site - read a Karen's post. 

Sincerely, Highly skilled coding monkey.

Friday, February 1, 2019 12:06 PM