Degrading performance RRS feed

• Question

• User962350831 posted

My application's perfromance degrades after a few hours of usage, effectively doubling execution time.

Problem goes away by reseting IIS.

I have the feeling that this might be related to degrading wincache performance. I have started to collect dumps prior to degradation, will have to wait for degradation to happen and get dumps to compare. This forces me to leave XDebug enabled in production site...  not a nice idea it has a negative impact on performance.

I rememeber a similar issue when wincache user_cache filled up and only an IIS restart will solve the problem, so I setup a watchdog that resets user_cache when it gets to a 90% fill threshold.

The only persistent thing in IIS that is PHP related is Wincache or Sessions (I'm actually ussing wincache session management).

I'll see if the dumps effectively point to wincache related operations and post the results here.

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 10:33 AM

All replies

• User962350831 posted

Just a cache item running big out of hand, nothing really to do with wincache. :)

Thursday, December 4, 2014 3:05 PM
  • User409000176 posted

Just a cache item running big out of hand, nothing really to do with wincache. :)

...so, I'll assume this issue is resolved.  ;)

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 6:52 PM