Open .swf file thru web page on Window Mobile CE RRS feed

• Question

• User-1878602170 posted

Hi,<o:p></o:p>

I need to open the .swf file thru web page on platform window CE.<o:p></o:p>

I got a .swf file which is saving in window CE mobile device on path: \My Documents\flash\ParallelParking.swf. <o:p></o:p>

So when user browse the web page thru the mobile device, I need to open up the .swf file which is save in the particular path on the mobile device.

I try to using Process() to open the file but hits an RunTime Error:

"An Application error occurred on server. The current custom error setting for this app prevents the details of the app. error from being viewed remotely."

Please advise. Thanks.

Public Partial Class HomePage
        Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
        Protected Sub ImageButton5_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs) Handles ImageButton5.Click
            FileOpen("\My Documents\flash\ParallelParking.swf")
        End Sub
        Public Sub FileOpen(ByVal FileName As String)
            Dim myProcess As New Process()
            Try
                myProcess.StartInfo.FileName = FileName
                myProcess.StartInfo.Verb = "Open"
                myProcess.Start()
            Catch ex As Exception
                Throw ex
            End Try
        End Sub
    End Class

Friday, September 24, 2010 12:09 AM

All replies

• User960609757 posted

Hi,

The error page is telling you that your web.config file (located in the root folder of the web site) is not configured to allow error information to be viewed "remotely," which is to say, from any source other than the local machine. Here is the part of the page you are having trouble understanding:

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File --> 

<configuration> 
        <system.web> 
            <customErrors mode="Off"/>  
        </system.web> 
    </configuration> 

What this means is that when you open your web.config file, you look for a section called "configuration," under which is another section called "system.web." Note that this doesn't necessarily mean that the "system.web" section is directly below the start tag, but somewhere inside that "configuration" section.

If there is no "customErrors" element inside the "system.web" section, you can simply copy the one above and paste it between the start and end tags of the section. Otherwise, find the "customErrors" element, and replace it with the one above.

This will allow you to see the actual error message from the ASP.net application. Hopefully, then you will be able to solve the issue. Otherwise, report back, and we can see if we can solve it together.

Friday, September 24, 2010 4:04 AM
  • User-1878602170 posted

Hi ,

After added the statement, the error message gone.

But I still now I not able to open the .swf thru the web page on Window mobile.

Do u got any idea on how to open the .swf file which is saving in the Window mobile itselft thru web page.

Thanks

Friday, September 24, 2010 6:58 AM
  • User960609757 posted

Hi,

check this url about open .SWF file,

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Languages/.NET/ASP.NET/Q_22101607.html

Friday, September 24, 2010 7:06 AM
  • User-1878602170 posted

Hi,

The link u provided to me required me to subscribe. Got any other solution? Thanks

Thursday, September 30, 2010 5:24 AM
  • User1943143334 posted

Hi,

I don't think Windows CE Mobile device browser supports .SWF files. More over, you cannot access the folder/files in the Mobile device through web application.

Hope it helps u...

Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:00 PM
  • User-1878602170 posted

Hi,

Then do got any other idea to play the .swf file on WinCE? 

Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:54 PM
  • User1943143334 posted

Hi,

I think, it is not possible to play .swf files in Windows CE device. Check for some third party applications[thick client], to play .swf files. Through web browser it absolutely not possible.

Hope it helps u...

Friday, October 1, 2010 3:26 AM