Code contracts for visual studio 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys,

Does anyone know when we will be able to install code contracts on Visual Studio 2015?

thanks.

Luis

Luis Abreu

Thursday, April 30, 2015 8:43 AM

All replies

• Code Contracts is an excellent design and programming device but, as many already said, it is very frustrating that there are no signs for updating the tool for Visual Studio 2015. Can someone please break the silence and let us know what the plans are. We have existing projects relying on it - shall we rewrite our code? Please, someone say something.

Thanks Val

Friday, May 22, 2015 11:31 PM
  • Hi. Any news about that?

Сделаем содержимое сообщества лучше, вместе!

Monday, June 8, 2015 9:26 AM
  • Same here. I'd love to hear *anything at all* regarding the future of code contracts and the support for VS2015.

I need to be able to decide if there's any point in continuing to invest time in using this library, and the past few months have not been encouraging, at all.

No news here, no release, VS2015 is in RC but still no installer, the workaround to make them more or less work breaks NCrunch (which is currently much more useful, active and supported than code contracts), the source code was put on github but never updated since then, the blog was started but hasn't been updated in months either, ...

All signs point to this being dropped, which would be a shame since it's a very useful tool, but the complete lack of any information is the actual problem.

Do we need to plan for time to remove contracts and replace preconditions with regular guard clauses or is something coming?

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 4:12 PM
    • Edited by Manuel Pallier Tuesday, June 23, 2015 5:33 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Yatajga Thursday, June 25, 2015 12:19 PM
    Tuesday, June 23, 2015 5:32 AM
  • That's good news!!!

Сделаем содержимое сообщества лучше, вместе!

Thursday, June 25, 2015 12:19 PM
  • Hooray, so the project is not actually dead with Francesco's departure! Excellent!
    Thursday, July 2, 2015 9:53 AM
  • There are releases that support VS2015 available now:

https://github.com/Microsoft/CodeContracts/releases

This is not the final version; work is still going on. But it's usable!

Many thanks to all the people who put in a lot of work to make this possible.

• Proposed as answer by lguilhou Thursday, July 16, 2015 1:17 PM
    Thursday, July 16, 2015 12:53 PM
  • thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

\o/

Thursday, July 16, 2015 1:17 PM
  • I would like to point out that vNext projects do not seem to be able to use Code Contracts yet, which was slightly disappointing for me. However, seeing that Code Contracts is not dead and is being cared for has just lit a spark of hope for those developers who, like me, loved the idea and the power of CC.
    Friday, July 17, 2015 11:30 AM