Get Notification/Message/Alerts from Notification hub RRS feed

• Question

• We have a requirement, We have many in house portals and one Intranet site, we want to create a alert/notification system in which all in house portals will push messages to alert/notification hub with some metadata (User name,message location etc) and message will store in some cloud database , when user will open our intranet site , portal will fetch message from cloud by get api for that user. What will be the best approach for us. Azure notification hub is one option but it is mainly for push notifications for mobiles.

Thanks,

Dinesh

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 10:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can anyone help me here.

Thanks,

Dinesh

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 11:37 AM
  • When you want to push some content from server to client like you want to give real time notifications to client when some event occurs at server for these type of requirements you can use SignalR.

SingalR usage

Whereas Push services (Aka Push notifications) is very much available on Azure as a PaaS service. Using APN , you can push messages to multiple of platforms and Devices

Azure notificaiton hub

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 12:01 PM
  • Thanks Sajeetharan for your quick reply.

My requirement is actually is not for real time.

1) In house application will send event messages to some cloud database by rest api.

2) When user login into Intranet site, rest api will fetch all messages stored in cloud database for current user's user.

3) And then messages will shown in notification bell at top right corner on intranet site.

This is simple structure and we implemented same in on premises. But the issue is database complexity and Db size grown issue and query response time.

I am looking for some ready made cloud db solution to over come these issue, so we don't bother about storage and speed.

Thanks,

Dinesh

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 1:46 PM
  • Hi,

Can any one help me on this.

Thanks,

Dinesh

Thursday, February 1, 2018 12:41 PM
  • As i mentioned above, this can be handled with the one of the solution provided! you need to find a good architectural design to implement.

Microsoft MVP, Full stack developer, Top contributor Stackoverflow ,@Angular Enthusiast Please make sure to mark the answer if it helped!

Thursday, February 1, 2018 12:46 PM