none
The K4W Build Your Own Ice Bucket Challenge Kit! Enjoy! RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi All,

I want to quickly share a weekend project I did using Kinect for Windows.  I was given the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.  Inspired by the IBC Video posted by Bill Gates, I decided to step up the game.

Hopefully some of you can reuse this and continue the push for ALS research or turn it into your own Ice Bucket Challenge.

Cheers,

John A. Berry

Here is a quick video demo of the system on YouTube. ( *sorry about the low sound! )

Here is the Making Of Video on YouTube.

Source Code  *This was written in a weekend - the code quality likely reflects that. ;)

A few code notes:

You will notice there is not much code in MainWindow.xaml.cs.  I used a ViewModel approach to build this.  Hopefully this approach will make it easier to create your own WPF XAML UIs or port to other application styles (Windows Store, Javascript, etc).  However, I didn't do much code organizing.  The viewmodel class should really be split up a little more.

(2) MG996R Servos + brackets
    (1) Servo Controller -I used this servo controller and its libraries.  It is overkill for the application but I had it in my spare parts bin.  It shouldn't be tough to change this out to another type of controller.

Thursday, August 28, 2014 5:50 PM