System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Client not found (Silverlight x64 Lightswitch VS2015) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I've been trying to see if I can develop a Silverlight LS application, instead of a HTML client application and have come across a problem everytime I try and create a LS desktop client project.

Within the DesktopClient references list, the following two are always not found:

System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Client
    System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Client.Web

I've tried installing SIlverlight SDK x64, x86, all combinations of them) as well as modifying the VS2015 installer to install the Silverlight SDK too, but to no avail. I've also tried Cleaning, Building Projects, Restarting PC, but it makes no difference

I'm running Windows 10, x64, VS 2015 Community and wondering if there is a solution to this, or other people have experienced the same problem?

PS. I don't have the Silverlight folder showing up at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\RIA Services

Any pointers in the right direction, highly appreciated.

Friday, October 9, 2015 1:33 AM

Answers

• HI,

I checked my references list in Lightswitch desktop application, System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Client.Web is checked by default.

For this issue, it's recommended to repair your VS 2015, and check whether it can fix it.

1.In Control Panel, on the Programs and Features page, choose the product edition that you want to repair, and then choose Uninstall/Change.

2.In the Setup wizard, choose Repair, choose Next, and then follow the remaining instructions.

Please let me know if you need any help.

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by nytrex Wednesday, October 14, 2015 11:47 PM
    Monday, October 12, 2015 3:37 AM

All replies

• HI,

I checked my references list in Lightswitch desktop application, System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Client.Web is checked by default.

For this issue, it's recommended to repair your VS 2015, and check whether it can fix it.

1.In Control Panel, on the Programs and Features page, choose the product edition that you want to repair, and then choose Uninstall/Change.

2.In the Setup wizard, choose Repair, choose Next, and then follow the remaining instructions.

Please let me know if you need any help.

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by nytrex Wednesday, October 14, 2015 11:47 PM
    Monday, October 12, 2015 3:37 AM
  • Hi Angie

Many thanks for your reply. I did a repair, but it did not work, so I ended up removing some Tools from Visual Studio followed by a Repair and retested it.

Eventually got it working. I think it was the one of the Azure Tools that I had installed.

Once again, many thanks for taking the time to help me out.
    Now to try and put together a little App for myself.

Alan

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 11:50 PM