wrong date format RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I'm using hebrew date format (dd/mm/yyyy) and from some reason I have a little problem with it.
    I have a report with a dataTime type parameter and when I am using the preview tab its load fine in the first time.

The parameter get a default value (lats say 23/02/2009) and I can see the table fill correct.
    But, when I'm picking another date for the parameter and press "view report" I get an error that the parameter type is incorrect and I must enter the date manually in a US format (mm/dd/yyyy) for it to work.

Any idea?

b.t.w - when I deploy the report to the server it run well and the date format is Ok even if I pick another date. I check my reginal settings and they are the same on my PC and on the server.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 6:55 AM

Answers

• Hi Roy,

In the preview page, the date format of the date picker depends on how the system internal region is set.

In this case, you could try the following solution to solve the issue:

Change the date format on the system level.

a)        Press “WIN + R” to run “intl.cpl” and open “Regional and Language Options”.

b)        Click the “Customize…” button to open “Customize Regional Options”.

c)         Navigate to the “Date” tab, and then select “Short date format” as “dd/mm/yyyy

If there is anything unclear, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Jin

Thursday, February 26, 2009 9:57 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Refer the below link. This may useful for you

http://geekswithblogs.net/naijacoder/archive/2008/06/26/123422.aspx
    Shilpa (http://www.ggktech.com)
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 7:20 AM
  • Hi Shilpa,
    Thanks for the link but its not excatly my problem.

I used that fix on my server to solve the problem once but now the problem is a little diffrent.
    I have the same problem on my PC when I use the preview inside visual studio 2005.
    When I select the preview tab it load the report fine but when I pick another date from the date picker and click "view report"  - Then I get the date error.

There isn't any ReportViewer.aspx for the visual studio like there was on the server  :(

Any more ideas?

Thanks again,
    Roy.
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 9:28 AM
  • Hi Roy,

In the preview page, the date format of the date picker depends on how the system internal region is set.

In this case, you could try the following solution to solve the issue:

Change the date format on the system level.

a)        Press “WIN + R” to run “intl.cpl” and open “Regional and Language Options”.

b)        Click the “Customize…” button to open “Customize Regional Options”.

c)         Navigate to the “Date” tab, and then select “Short date format” as “dd/mm/yyyy

If there is anything unclear, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Jin

Thursday, February 26, 2009 9:57 AM