none
How to fix the error "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"

Question

• I deployed 4 cloud services to run our website, and deployed 5 blob storages to store the resources of the website. I use ATM with round robin method to distribute load across the 4 cloud services. 
    Then I run the load test with 10,000 virtual users. I got lots of 503 service unavailable errors when loading the resource. 

Then I tried to use another cloud service to store the resource of the website. And run the load test again. I got lots of the error "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" when loading the resource. 

Then I tried to use CDN with storage to store the resource of the website. And run the load test again. I got lots of the error "A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network [2606:2800:11f:179a:1972:2405:35b:459]:80".

Please let me know if anyone encountered the same problem or have any suggestion to deal with it.

Best,

Mark

Thursday, July 30, 2015 3:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I see that the an azure application has code that talks to Storage services is encountering an exception. Please find the work around that talks about the similar issue here

Regards,
    Shirisha Paderu

Thursday, July 30, 2015 4:54 PM
  • Hi Shirisha,

Thank you sharing this post. But the solution that post mentioned doesn't work for my situation.

Best,

Mark

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 3:15 AM
  • Hi,

How did you host your website ? Do you get 503 error when you access the application on web?  Does it happen when the load is high (IOPS are high ) only or every time you access the website ?

When you say store the resource of the website , where are you trying to store the resource and what type of resource  ?

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 5:33 PM
  • Hi,

Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

Saturday, August 8, 2015 1:02 PM
  • Hi,

If the issue is resolved, could you share the work around so that it can help others who has similar issues.

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 4:11 PM