none
Avshws (AVStream) sample resolution on 32bit RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

We are using the Avshws WDK sample. We changed the resolution by modifying D_X and DMAX_X in the source file Capture.cpp. 640x480 works great on a Windows 8 64 bit laptop. 1280x720 is also good. The same driver with 640x480 compiled for 32 bit system fails on Windows 8 32bit HyperV running on Windows 8. This configuration describes the steps retraced just now to verify the problem. The problem was found on other 32 bit machines.

What am I missing (besides a few hours of sleep)?

TIA,
    Asaf

Asaf Shelly [Microsoft MVP, Intel Black-Belt]

Monday, February 11, 2013 11:09 PM

All replies

• does it occur on a machine without hyper v enabled?  do you know exactly where the failure is occurring in the code?

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, February 11, 2013 11:16 PM
  • Hi Doron,

As far as I can tell it does. This was reported by a customer. I only retraced on the Hyper V.

From what I can see, the image buffer is allocated correctly.

The driver receives a request for X*Y and buffer size. In hwsim.cpp I modified CHardwareSimulation::Start() to say that m_Height = Height / 4 and m_Width = Width / 4. Low resolution shows 4X bars on the video and noise on the top of the image, which is what I would expect. Hi-res image does not display at all, even though it was 1280/4 = 320. I can only assume that the problem is somewhere down the road.

It also looks like there is some issue with D_X and DMAX_X, where one changes the frame resolution for RGB and the other for YUV. With DMAX_X set to hi-res and D_X to low res, I used the driver with AMCAP. Until I explicitly set the capture pin details from the menu I get the low-res image OK on hi-res video window. Anything else I can tell you is probably more confusing than helping.

My next step would probably be to try and find an older version of the DDK sample and test it on Windows XP with the out-of-the-box DirectX version. I thought I should ask before trying to go that far.

Asaf

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:00 AM
  • Any idea?

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:17 AM
  • Hi Doron

I'm also interested for solution to this issue

Thanks

Amir

Monday, February 25, 2013 1:33 PM
  • Did you found a solution?

I have similar problem on all 32 bit windows. 640x480 resolution does not work, but 320X240 resolution works fine.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 10:28 AM