none
Project Risk Status in Project Center RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We want to display the project risk status (in project center) based on the risks created in project workspace. If over all risk possibility and impact is grater than certain value, the project risk status should be green,red, yellow in project center. What is the best way to achieve this.

Thanks in advance, taj

• Edited by arun_2014 Monday, March 31, 2014 8:52 AM
    Monday, March 31, 2014 8:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Taj,

Maybe the other experts on this forum will correct me, but there is not out-of-the-box configuration way to achieve this. You cannot create any formula to display risk indicator in a project enterprise custom field for the project center.

Since risks in project workspaces are stored in the reporting DB, what I'd suggest would be to create a Excel Services report (either based on the Reporting DB or OLAP cubes) or SSRS report that you could insert in a webpart in a PWA custom page.

See references below:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/project_programmability/archive/2007/09/28/scalable-issues-risks-report.aspx

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Monday, March 31, 2014 1:04 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for your response. You are correct, it can be achieved using the reports. But I am checking the possibility to display in Project Center, is there is any way to get the information from workspace and update the project  custom filed using sql server jobs, PSI etc.

Thanks in advance, taj

• Edited by arun_2014 Tuesday, April 1, 2014 2:40 AM
    Tuesday, April 1, 2014 2:40 AM
  • You're welcome Taj.

I'm not a developer so I'll let the other experts on the forum go deeper in this subject, but I know that it is not easily doable to modify the jgrid, adding custom column with extra-information to a project center view.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Tuesday, April 1, 2014 12:38 PM